Cratinus and the art of comedy [electronic resource] / Emmanuela Bakola
- Bakola, Emmanuela
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 380 pages, 4 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Poetic Persona and Poetic Voice in Cratinus' Comedy -- 2.Cratinus and the Satyr Play -- 3.Cratinus and Tragedy -- 4.Myth, Politics, and Drama: Elements of Plot-Composition in the Comedy of Cratinus -- 5.Production and Imagination -- App. 1 The Parabasis Proper of Cratinus' Dionysalexandros (POxy 663, II. 6-9) -- App. 2 The Date of the Accusations against Phidias and his Trial -- App. 3 Papyrus fragments of Plutoi -- App. 4 Hypothesis to Dionysalexandros (POxy 663; text edited by K-A, iv. 140) -- App. 5 New Edition of the Papyrus Hypothesis to Dionysalexandros (POxy 663).
- A comprehensive study of Cratinus, a highly influential fifth-century Athenian dramatist whose work survives in fragments today. As well as providing insight into Cratinus himself, the book enriches our understanding of ancient Greek comedy in a dynamic evolving environment.
- 9780191722332 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28927817