Law, power, and imperial ideology in the iconoclast era, c.680-850 / by M.T.G. Humphreys
- Humphreys, M. T. G. (Michael Thomas George)
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : maps
- Oxford studies in Byzantium
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Council in Trullo -- 2.The Ecloga -- 3.The Appendices to the Ecloga -- 4.The Associated Codes of the Ecloga I: The Nomos Mosaikos and the Nomos Rhodion Nautikos -- 5.The Associated Codes of the Ecloga II: The Nomos Georgikos -- 6.Three Reactions: Irene, Leo V, and the Macedonians.
- This volume explores Roman law and canon law to chart the various responses to the turbulent years of the Iconoclast era, c.680-850, which saw the rise of Islam and the emergence of medieval Byzantium from the wreckage of ancient Rome.
- 9780191771385 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28927895