American opinion on trade : preferences without politics / Alexandra Guisinger
- Guisinger, Alexandra
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 Introduction -- ch. 2 The Changing Landscape of Trade and Trade Knowledge -- ch. 3 Trade Preferences and Politics -- ch. 4 Economic Vulnerability, Self-Interest, and Individual Trade Preferences -- ch. 5 Community and Trade Preferences -- ch. 6 Racial Diversity and White Americans' Support for Trade Protection -- ch. 7 Politicians, the Media, and Negative Perceptions of Trade's National Effect -- ch. 8 Could Positive Information Shift National-Level Beliefs? -- ch. 9 Conclusions.
- This volume provides a multi-method examination of the sources of attitudes, drawing on survey data and experimental surveys; it also traces how trade issues become intertwined with attitudes toward redistribution as well as gender and race.
- 9780190651862 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2017.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28928183