Varieties of capitalism [electronic resource] : the institutional foundations of comparative advantage / edited by Peter A. Hall and David Soskice
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 540 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Hall, Peter A., 1950- and Soskice, David W., 1942-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.An Introduction to Varieties of Capitalism / David Soskice / Peter A. Hall -- 2.Varieties of Labor Politics in the Developed Democracies / Kathleen Thelen -- 3.Institutional and Sectoral Interactions in Monetary Policy and Wage/Price-Bargaining / Robert J. Franzese -- 4.Social Protection and the Formation of Skills: A Reinterpretation of the Welfare State / Torben Iversen / David Soskice / Margarita Estevez-Abe -- 5.Firms and the Welfare State: When, Why, and How Does Social Policy Matter to Employers? / Isabela Mares -- 6.The Domestic Sources of Multilateral Preferences: Varieties of Capitalism in the European Community / Orfeo Fioretos -- 7.Business, Government, and Patterns of Labor Market Policy in Britain and the Federal Republic of Germany / Stewart Wood -- 8.Employers, Public Policy, and the Politics of Decentralized Cooperation in Germany and France / Pepper D. Culpepper -- 9.Revisiting the French Model: Coordination and Restructuring in French Industry / Bob Hancke -- 10.Varieties of Corporate Governance: Comparing Germany and the UK / Sigurt Vitols -- 11.Macro-varieties of Capitalism and Micro-varieties of Strategic Management in European Airlines / Mark Lehrer -- 12.The Legal Framework for Corporate Governance: The Influence of Contract Law on Company Strategies in Germany and the United States / Steven Casper -- 13.Legal Irritants: How Unifying Law Ends up in New Divergences / Gunther Teubner -- 14.National Varieties of Standardization / Jay Tate.
- Applying the new economics of organisation and relational theories of the firm to the problem of understanding cross-national variation in the political economy, this volume elaborates a new understanding of the institutional differences that characterise the 'varieties of capitalism' worldwide.
- 9780191596346 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28928324