The glitter of gold [electronic resource] : France, bimetallism, and the emergence of the international gold standard, 1848-1873 / Marc Flandreau ; translated by Owen Leeming ; rev. and enlarged by the author
- Flandreau, Marc
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 319 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Language Note:
- Translated from the French.
- This work studies the operation of the international monetary system that prevailed before the emergence of the international gold standard. It shows that France's ability to trade gold for silver, and vice versa, effectively pegged the exchange rate between gold and silver at its legal ratio.
- 9780191601279 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28928403