London is the place for me : black Britons, citizenship, and the politics of race / Kennetta Hammond Perry
- Perry, Kennetta Hammond, 1979-
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Race, Empire, and the Formation of Black Britain -- 2.Migration, Citizenship, and the Boundaries of Belonging -- 3."Race Riots" and the Mystique of British Anti-Racism -- 4.Are We to Be Mauled Down Just Because We Are Black? -- 5.Exposing the Racial Politics of Immigration Controls -- 6.The Limits of Campaigning Against Racial Discrimination.
- In this work, Kennetta Hammond Perry explores how Afro-Caribbean migrants navigated the politics of race and citizenship in Britain and reconfigured the boundaries of what it meant to be both Black and British at a critical juncture in the history of Empire and twentieth century transnational race politics.
- 9780190240226 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28929247