For peace and money : French and British money in the service of tsars and commissars / Jennifer Siegel
- Siegel, Jennifer (Jennifer L.)
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Oxford studies in international history
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Rise of the Franco-Russian Financial Alliance, 1894--1903 -- 2.The International Financial Challenges of War and Revolution, 1904--1906 -- 3.The Changing Face of Russia's Financiers, 1907--1913 -- 4.The Costs of War, 1914--1917 -- 5.Revolution, Repudiation, and Recriminations, 1917--1922.
- 'For Peace and Money' looks at late imperial Russia's financial and diplomatic relationship with the nations that came to be its allies in World War I, exploring British and French private and government loans to Russia from 1894 to the Genoa Conference of 1922.
- 9780199387847 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28930374