The final solution [electronic resource] : a genocide / Donald Bloxham
- Bloxham, Donald
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 410 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Oxford histories
- Machine generated contents note: Documentary Traces -- I.A European History of Violence -- 1.Europe on the Brink -- 2.The First World War Era -- 3.Ethnopolitics, Geopolitics, and the Return to War -- II.Germany and the Final Solution -- 4.Nazism and Germany -- 5.Genocide in Germany's Eastern Empire -- 6.The Patterns and Limits of the European Genocide -- III.Perpetrators and their Environment -- 7.Why Did They Kill? -- IV.Civilization and the Holocaust -- 8.Locating Genocide in the Human Past.
- This study combines a detailed reappraisal of the development of the genocide of Europe's Jews with full consideration of Nazi policies against other population groups and a comparative analysis of other genocides from the 20th century.
- 9780191701535 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28930469