The foundations of gentry life [electronic resource] : the Multons of Frampton and their world 1270-1370 / Peter Coss
- Coss, Peter R.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 323 pages) : illustrations, maps
- New past & present book series
- Peter Coss examines the formative years of the English gentry. In doing so, he explains their lasting characteristics during a long history as a social elite, including adaptability to change and openness. The book explores the material culture of the gentry, their concern with fashion and obsession with display.
- 9780191723094 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28930478