Rome's Imperial economy [electronic resource] : twelve essays / W.V. Harris
- Harris, William V. (William Vernon)
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 370 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Imperial Rome has a name for wealth and luxury, but was the economy of the Roman Empire as a whole a success, by the standards of pre-modern economies? This book includes chapters on this much-argued subject, with additional comments to bring them up to date. A new study of poverty and destitution provides a fresh perspective on the question of the Roman Empire's economic performance, and a substantial introduction ties the collection together.
- 9780191804564 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28930572