On constitutional disobedience / Louis Michael Seidman
- Seidman, Louis Michael
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 162 pages).
- Inalienable rights series
- What would the framers of the U.S. Constitution make of multinational corporations? Nuclear weapons? Gay marriage? They led a preindustrial country, much of it dependent on slave labor, huddled on the Atlantic seaboard. The Founders saw society as essentially hierarchical, led naturally by landed gentry like themselves. Yet their commands are still obeyed two centuries and one civil war later. According to this book's author, it is time to stop. The author argues that, in order to bring U.S. basic law up to date, it needs benign neglect.
- 9780190260125 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28931121