Compliance and the enforcement of EU law [electronic resource] / edited by Marise Cremona
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xlvi, 199 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Cremona, Marise
- The collected courses of the Academy of European Law ; v. XX/2
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Compliance and What EU Member States Make of It / Lisa Conant -- 2.The Governance of Compliance / Edoardo Chiti -- 3.Article 258/260 TFEU Infringement Procedures: The Commission Perspective in Environmental Cases / Sibylle Grohs -- 4.From the Velvet Glove to the Iron Fist: Criminal Sanctions for the Enforcement of Union Law / Michael Dougan -- 5.The Role of National Constitutional Courts in Issues of Compliance / Darinka Piqani -- 6.The Role of National Courts in Inducing Compliance with International and European Law---A Comparison / Andre Nollkaemper.
- The EU has long faced difficulties in ensuring compliance with its legal provisions, and as a result has developed enforcement techniques that penetrate deep into the law and politics of member states. This book gathers leading experts to assess the legal procedures and political mechanisms at work in the EU to promote compliance.
- 9780191740695 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28931842