Environmental diplomacy : negotiating more effective global agreements / Lawrence E. Susskind, Saleem H. Ali, and Zakri Abdul Hamid
- Susskind, Lawrence
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ali, Saleem H. (Saleem Hassan), 1973- and Hamid, Zakri Abdul
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.What Is This Book About? -- 2.The Weaknesses of the Existing Environmental Treaty-Making System -- 3.Representation and Voting -- 4.The Need for a Better Balance between Science and Politics -- 5.The Advantages and Disadvantages of Issue Linkage -- 6.Monitoring and Enforcement in the Face of Sovereignty -- 7.Reforming the System -- Appendices -- Appendix A Treaties.
- 'Environmental Diplomacy' provides an accessible narrative on understanding the geopolitics of negotiating international environmental agreements and clear guidance on improving the current system. In this book, authors Lawrence Susskind and Saleem Ali expertly observe international environmental negotiations to effectively inform the reader on the geopolitics of protecting our planet. This second edition offers an additional perspective from the Global South as well as providing a broader analysis of the role of science in environmental treaty-making.
- 9780199398003 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28932324