The morphosyntax of complement-head sequences [electronic resource] : clause structures and word order patterns in Kwa / Enoch Oladé Aboh
- Aboh, Enoch Oladé
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (375 pages).
- Oxford studies in comparative syntax
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Outline of the Grammar of Gbe -- 3.The Syntax of Noun Phrases -- 4.The Syntax of Pronouns -- 5.Tense, Aspect, and Mood: The Preverbal Markers -- 6.Object Shift and Verb Movement -- 7.Focus and Wh Constructions -- 8.Argument Topics and Yes-No Questions -- 9.Conclusion.
- This text looks at the syntax of the Niger-Conger language family, which includes most of the languages of sub-Saharan Africa. Aboh, who is a native speaker of one of the languages (Gungbe) discusses and analyses different aspects of the syntax of the Kwa language group.
- 9780199788125 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28932621