A journey in languages and cultures : the life of a bicultural bilingual / François Grosjean
- Grosjean, François
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Roger and Sallie -- 2.My early monolingual years -- 3.Becoming bilingual -- 4.Culture shock -- 5.Returning to my first culture -- 6.May 68 and Vincennes -- 7.A new life in the United States -- 8.Discovering sign language -- 9.Life with Two Languages -- 10.The children become bilingual -- 11.Reflections on the bilingual and the bicultural person -- 12.A difficult choice -- 13.Living and working in a fourth culture -- 14.Delving further into the bilingual person -- 15.A life in danger -- 16.A quieter life.
- This text explores the life and experiences of one of the world's most renowned experts in bilingualism. François Grosjean takes the author on an engaging trip through his life as a bicultural bilingual, combining personal accounts and anecdotes with insights from his extensive research, which will appeal to all those interested in bilingualism.
- 9780191816437 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2019.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28932947