Film is like a battleground : Sam Fuller's war movies / Marsha Gordon
- Gordon, Marsha, 1971-
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Sam Fuller's First War Movie -- 2.A Complicated Conflict: The Steel Helmet and Fixed Bayonets! -- 3.Cold War Stories: Pickup on South Street and Hell and High Water -- 4.More War in Asia: China Gate and The Rifle -- 5.Looking Back at World War II: Verboten!, Dogface, and Merrill's Marauders -- 6.Reimagining the War: The Big Red One.
- 'Film is Like a Battleground' focuses on the genre that best defined the American director's career: the war film. It draws on previously unexplored archival materials, such as Fuller's Federal Bureau of Investigation files and WWII-era amateur films, to explore the director's lifelong interest in making movies representing war and conflict.
- 9780190657291 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2017.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references, filmography and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28933184