The imperial trace [electronic resource] : recent Russian cinema / Nancy Condee
- Condee, Nancy
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 352 pages) : illustrations
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: Custodian of the Empire -- 2.Cine-Amnesia: How Russia Forgot to Go to the Movies -- 3.Nikita Mikhalkov: European but Not Western? -- 4.Kira Muratova: The Zoological Imperium -- 5.Vadim Abdrashitov-Aleksandr Mindadze: A Community of Somnambulants -- 6.Aleksandr Sokurov: Shuffling Off the Imperial Coil -- 7.Aleksei German: Forensics in the Dynastic Capital -- 8.Aleksei Balabanov: The Metropole's Death Drive -- 9.Postscript.
- In this study Condee argues that we cannot make sense of contemporary Russian culture without accounting for its imperial legacy. She turns to the instance of contemporary cinema to focus this line of inquiry. This book centres on the work of Russia's internationally ranked auteurs of the late Soviet and post-Soviet period.
- 9780199867394 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28933419