Creating economy : enterprise, intellectual property, and the valuation of goods / Barbara Townley, Philip Roscoe, and Nicola Searle
- Townley, Barbara, 1954-
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Roscoe, Philip and Searle, Nicola
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: Creating Economy -- The `Creative Industries'? -- Cultural Entrepreneurship? -- Doing `Cultural Economy' -- Institutional Facts and Scholastic Fallacies -- The IP/IPR Nexus -- Our Study: The Journey of IP/IPR -- 2.IP/IPR as a Market Object -- Originality and Creatorship -- Art as Collective, Collaborative Work -- The Liminality of IP/IPR -- Moral versus Legal `Rights' -- Notes on Rights Conventions by Creative Field -- 3.IP/IPR and Economic Agency -- Economizing Actors -- Disciplining the Creative Self -- `Work' as Product -- 4.Nobody Knows: Managing Uncertainty -- Creativity, Uncertainty, and Entrepreneurship -- Managing Uncertainty through IP -- Managing Risk through IPR -- 5.Constructing Value -- Symbolic Value and Economic Worth -- Recognizing the Value of IP -- The IPR Object and Boundary Construction -- IP/IPR as the Business of Creative Work -- 6.Realizing Value -- Industry Structures and Standards -- Pricing and Selling -- Market Intermediaries -- Licensing -- Collecting Societies -- The Economic Value of Value -- 7.Protecting Value -- Attitudes to Copying -- Recourse to Law -- Other Strategies of Protection -- 8.Conclusion: The Ambiguities of IP/IPR -- Implications for IP Policies.
- Creativity has been valorised as a form of capital in its own right, but what is economic about creativity? This text offers a fresh approach to this topic within the creative industries. Through a focus on intellectual property, it shows how IP shapes creative products and configures the economic agency of creative producers.
- 9780191836572 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print: 2019.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934201