How persistent low returns will shape saving and retirement / Olivia S. Mitchell, Robert Clark, and Raimond Maurer
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Additional Creators:
- Mitchell, Olivia S., Clark, Robert L. (Robert Louis), 1949-, and Maurer, Raimond
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.How Persistent Low Returns Will Shape Saving and Retirement / Olivia S. Mitchell -- pt. I Origins and Consequences of the Persistent Low Return Environment -- 2.Politics, Independence, and Retirees: Long-term Low Interest Rates at the US Federal Reserve / Peter Conti-Brown -- 3.Low Returns and Optimal Retirement Savings / Wade Pfau -- 4.Getting More from Less in Defined Benefit Plans: Three Levers for a Low-Return World / Kimberly A. Stockton -- 5.Investing for Retirement in a Low Returns Environment: Making the Right Decisions to Make the Money Last / Alistair Byrne -- 6.Intelligent Risk Taking: How to Secure Retirement in a Low Expected Return World / Matthew Rauseo -- pt. II Whither Retirement Strategies? -- 7.Challenges and Opportunities of Living and Working Longer / Kevin E. Cahill -- 8.How Persistent Low Expected Returns Alter Optimal Life Cycle Saving, Investment, and Retirement Behavior / Olivia S. Mitchell -- 9.Retirement Saving and Decumulation in a Persistent Low-Return Environment / Jason S. Seligman -- pt. III New Designs for Pension Plan Sponsors -- 10.Helping Employers Become Age-ready / Yvonne Sonsino -- 11.State-sponsored Retirement Savings Plans: New Approaches to Boost Retirement Plan Coverage / David C. John -- 12.Global Developments in Employee Benefits / Steve Nyce.
- This text explores how the weak capital market performance predicted for the next several years will shape pension saving, investment and decumulation plans. Academics, policymakers and industry leaders debate alternative strategies to cope with these challenges globally, as economic growth remains slow and low returns become the 'new normal'.
- 9780191866296 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print: 2018.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934209