Unconventional methodology in organization and management research / Alan Bryman and David A. Buchanan
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Additional Creators:
- Bryman, Alan and Buchanan, David A.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.`Not another survey': The value of unconventional methods / Alan Bryman -- pt. 1 UNCONVENTIONAL SETTINGS AND DATA SOURCES -- 2.Desert island data: Using BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs in organization and management research / Joanne Duberley -- 3.Using fiction in organization and management research / Mike Zundel -- 4.Innovations in unobtrusive methods / Andrew P. Knight -- 5.Research in extreme contexts / David Denyer -- 6.Making the case: A qualitative approach to studying social media documents / Christopher J. Schneider -- pt. 2 UNCONVENTIONAL RESEARCH DESIGN AND DATA COLLECTION METHODS -- 7.Netnography: Engaging with the challenges / Manuela Nocker -- 8.Institutions under a microscope: Experimental methods in institutional theory / Oliver Schilke -- 9.Beyond one voice: Co-constructed analytic auto-ethnography / Ken Parry -- 10.Participant-led video diaries / Petros Chamakiotis -- 11.Inter-organizational ethnography: Promises and problems / Jorg Sydow -- pt. 3 UNCONVENTIONAL ANALYTIC APPROACHES -- 12.Unconventional yet consequential: Using a sociomaterial approach to drive impact in organization studies research / Karl-Emanuel Dionne -- 13.Path constitution analysis: A methodology for understanding path dependence and path creation / Knut Lange -- 14.Methodology matters / David A. Buchanan.
- Most researchers in organisation and management studies keep to the same traditional research methods - like surveys and interviews. But research participants are now suffering from 'survey fatigue', and using the same old methods runs the risk of generating the same findings. This work encourages the development of unconventional methodologies.
- 9780191838446 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print: 2018.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934233