The knockoff economy : how imitation sparks innovation / Kal Raustiala and Christopher Sprigman
- Raustiala, Kal
- New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (272 pages) : illustrations (black and white)
- Additional Creators:
- Sprigman, Christopher
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Knockoffs and Fashion Victims -- 2.Cuisine, Copying, and Creativity -- 3.Comedy Vigilantes -- 4.Football, Fonts, Finance, and Feist.
- From the shopping mall to the corner bistro, knockoffs are everywhere in today's marketplace. Conventional wisdom holds that copying kills creativity, and that laws that protect against copies are essential to innovation - and economic success. But are copyrights and patents always necessary? This book argues that creativity can not only survive in the face of copying, but can thrive.
- 9780190258467 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934259