HRM and performance [electronic resource] : achieving long-term viability / Jaap Paauwe
- Paauwe, J.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 252 pages) : illustrations
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.HRM and strategy : does it matter? -- 3.HRM in its context : an institutional perspective -- 4.A multidimensional perspective on performance -- 5.A contextually based human resource theory -- 6.The contextually based human resource theory in practice -- 7.Contrasting metal and IT sectors : internal versus external regulation of flexibility -- 8.Continuing divergence of HRM practices : US and European-based company-level HRM practices -- 9.Changing HR roles : towards a real balanced HRM scorecard.
- This is a thought-provoking book for HRM students, academics and practitioners alike. It adopts a broad perspective that takes into account not only the strategic dimension of HRM, but the professional & societal dimension, & combines academic research with a focus on practical conclusions & recommendations.
- 9780191699726 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934355