Re-imagining capitalism : building a responsible long-term model / Dominic Barton, Dezsö Horváth, and Matthias Kipping
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2016.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Barton, Dominic, Horváth, Dezsö, 1943-, and Kipping, Matthias
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Re-Imagining Capitalism for the Long Term: Situating the Volume / Matthias Kipping -- pt. I TRAILBLAZING: THE ROLE OF EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP -- 2.Re-Establishing Trust: Making Business with Purpose the Purpose of Business / Paul Polman -- 3.Business and Society: Reshaping Global Systems / Doug McMillon -- 4.Family Firms and "Patient Capital": Thinking in Decades, Not Quarters / Galen G. Weston -- 5.Cooperatives: Stakeholder-Oriented by Design, Long-Term Focused by Necessity / Monique Leroux -- 6.Corporate Community Involvement in the 21st Century / Dirk Matten -- 7.The Gifts of Breadth: Insights from Leaders with Non-Linear Careers / Matthew Thomas -- pt. II ENGAGING: BROADER VIEWS FOR A BETTER CAPITALISM -- 8.Understanding and Misunderstanding the Triumph of Capitalism / John Kay -- 9.Engagement Required: The Changing Role of the Corporation in Society / Dirk Matten -- 10.Responsible Capitalism: Business for the 21st Century / Kirsten E. Martin -- 11.Being Good and Doing Well: Not as Easy as You Think / Bryan W. Husted -- 12."Maximizing Shareholder Value" Is an Unnecessary and Unworkable Corporate Objective / Lynn Stout -- 13.Narrowcasting: How Media and Political Disruption Changed the Economic Debate / John Stackhouse -- pt. III ADVANCING: SUGGESTIONS FOR THE WAYS FORWARD -- 14.Imagining a Sustainable Financial System / Simon Zadek -- 15.Integrated Reporting for a Re-Imagined Capitalism / Birgit Spiesshofer -- 16.Reasonable Expectations and Fiduciary Obligations: Legal Pathways to Longer-Term Thinking / Douglas Sarro -- 17.Corporate Social Responsibility: The Case for Active Ownership by Institutional Investors / Michael Viehs -- 18.Building the Right Long-Term Approach: The Power of Aligning Leadership, Strategy, and Execution / Tiffany Vogel -- 19.A New Way of Thinking about Resource Development: A Values-Based Approach / D. Eleanor Westney -- 20.Restoring the Capitalist Promise: Opportunities in the US Youth Labor Market / Gerald Chertavian -- 21.Conclusion: Capitalism Re-Imagined / Dominic Barton.
- Following the financial and economic crisis in 2008, came broad-based recognition that free market economies need to be reformed in the direction of a more stable, equitable and sustainable model of capitalism in order to ensure its survival. This volume provides suggestions of what such a model should look like and how it can be achieved.
- 9780191827372 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print: 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934595