New languages and landscapes of higher education / Peter Scott, Jim Gallacher, and Gareth Parry
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2016.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Additional Creators:
- Scott, Peter, Gallacher, Jim, 1946-, and Parry, Gareth, 1950-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction / Gareth Parry -- I.Setting the Scene -- 2.New Languages and Landscapes / Peter Scott -- II.Students and Learning -- 3.Student Participation in the Twenty-first Century: Mass or Universal Systems? / Gareth Parry -- 4.The Quality of Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum / Paul Ashwin -- 5.Cost-sharing and Student Support / Claire Callender -- III.Research and Knowledge Production -- 6.Of Timescapes and Knowledgescapes: Retiming Research and Higher Education / Ulrike Felt -- 7.Research in an Open, Global Landscape / Jonathan Adams -- IV.Universities as Organizations -- 8.The Rise and Fall of Systems Thinking: Towards a Post-Bourdieuan Study of Field Dynamics / Jurgen Enders -- 9.Higher Education Institutions: Landscape Designers or Contrived Organizations? / Jeroen Huisman -- 10.Beyond the Academic Profession, the Organization, and the Nation: New Structures of Academic and Professional Employment / Gary Rhoades -- V.Higher Education, Society, and the Economy -- 11.The Public Dimension of Universities: A New Approach / Simon Marginson -- 12.Higher Education, Knowledge Capitalism, and the Global Auction for Jobs / Hugh Lauder -- 13.Reflections and Conclusions / Gareth Parry.
- The landscapes of higher education have been changing rapidly, with enormous growths in participation rates in many countries across the world, and major developments and changes within institutions. But the languages that we need to conceptualise and understand these changes have not been keeping pace. This work seeks to address this issue.
- 9780191829154 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print: 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934596