Beethoven 1806 / Mark Ferraguto
- Ferraguto, Mark
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Between early 1806 and early 1807, Ludwig van Beethoven completed a remarkable series of instrumental works including his Fourth Piano Concerto (Op. 58), 'Razumovsky' String Quartets (Op. 59), Fourth Symphony (Op. 60), Violin Concerto (Op. 61), Thirty-Two Variations on an Original Theme for Piano (WoO 80), and Overture to Collin's Coriolan (Op. 62). Critics have struggled to reconcile the music of this year with Beethoven's so-called heroic style, the paradigm through which his middle-period works have typically been understood. Drawing on theories of mediation and a wealth of primary sources, Beethoven 1806 explores the specific contexts in which the music of this year was conceived, composed, and heard.
- 9780190947217 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Also issued in print: 2019.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934790