Ungoverning dance : contemporary European theatre dance and the commons / Ramsay Burt
- Burt, Ramsay, 1953-
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Contemporary European Dance and the Commons -- 2.Transatlantic Comparisons -- 3.Rethinking Virtuosity -- 4.Dance and Post-Fordism -- 5.Laughter from the Surround -- 6.Alone to the World: The Solo Dancer -- 7.Performing Friendship -- 8.Dancing Relationality: Responsibility without Obligation -- 9.The Politics of History and Collective Memory in Contemporary Dance -- 10.Virtual Dance and the Politics of Imagining -- 11.Conclusion: Keywords.
- 'Ungoverning Dance' examines recent contemporary dance in continental Europe. Placing this in the context of neoliberalism and austerity, it argues that dancers are developing an ethico-aesthetic approach that uses dance practices as sites of resistance against dominant ideologies. It attests to the persistence of alternative ways of thinking and living.
- 9780190456627 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28934935