MENC handbook of musical cognition and development [electronic resource] / edited by Richard Colwell
- Additional Titles:
- Handbook of musical cognition and development
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 276 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Colwell, Richard
MENC, the National Association for Music Education (U.S.)
- Machine generated contents note: Introduction : music perception and cognition / Andreas C. Lehmann -- 1.Music and neuroscience / John W. Flohr / Donald A. Hodges -- 2.The neurobiology of music cognition and learning / Wilfried Gruhn / Frances Rauscher -- 3.Listening to music / E. Glenn Schellenberg / William Forde Thompson -- 4.The development of musical abilities / Heiner Gembris -- 5.A comparative review of human ability theory : context, structure, and development / Bruce Torff -- 6.Making music and making sense through music : expressive performance and communication / Reinhard Kopiez.
- This text provides the theoretical and practical techniques that explain meaning and understanding in music. It gives coverage of such topics as the development of skills in music performance research on communicating music expressiveness, and more.
- 9780199850723 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28935170