New frontiers in mirror neurons research / Pier Francesco Ferrari and Giacomo Rizzolatti
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Additional Creators:
- Ferrari, Pier Francesco and Rizzolatti, Giacomo
- Machine generated contents note: Section 1 Basic findings and concepts in action-perception theory -- 1.The neuroanatomy of the mirror neuron system / Stefano Rozzi -- 2.The role of mirror neurons in goal coding and intention understanding / Luca Bonini -- 3.New properties of F5 mirror neurons and their implications for response selection / Peter Thier -- 4.Magnetoencephalography studies of action observation / Riitta Hari -- 5.How to study the mirror neuron system with functional MRI: Challenges and solutions / Marco Iacoboni -- Section 2 Functional properties and evolution -- 6.Neural underpinnings of anticipatory action simulation and perception in expert brains / Matteo Candidi -- 7.The mirror system in human and nonhuman primates: Comparative functional imaging studies suggest multiple systems / Guy A. Orban -- 8.On gesture and speech / Elisa De Stefani -- 9.The chimpanzee mirror system and the evolution of frontoparietal circuits for action observation and social learning / Lisa A. Parr -- 10.Mirror neurons in the songbird brain: A neural interface for learned vocal communication / Richard Mooney -- 11.Mirrors match minds / Wolfgang Prinz -- 12.Epigenetic regulation of mirror neuron development, and related evolutionary hypotheses / Atsushi Iriki -- Section 3 Development -- 13.Relating the ontogeny and function of mirror neurons to perceptual learning and inference / James M. Kilner -- 14.The mirror neuron system and the mu rhythm / Nathan A. Fox -- 15.On the development of the mirror neuron system / Kerstin Rosander -- 16.Neonatal imitation and its sensorimotor mechanism / Pier Francesco Ferrari -- 17.Mirroring and the ontogeny of social cognition / Amanda Woodward -- Section 4 Theoretical and clinical implications -- 18.The space of mirrors / Giacomo Rizzolatti -- 19.Schizophrenia, bodily selves, and embodied simulation / Francesco Ferri -- 20.The use of action observation treatment to restore motor function in patients with neurological disorders / Riccardo Dalla Volta -- 21.The role of the mirror neuron system in the pathophysiology of autism spectrum disorder / Vilayanur S. Ramachandran.
- The discovery of mirror neurons has been a revolution in neuroscience and psychology. Nevertheless, because of their profound impact in life sciences, mirror neurons still raise debates about their origins and functions.This book offers a comprehensive and state of the art overview of the latest advances in mirror neurons research.
- 9780191807589 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28935514