Dancing with broken bones [electronic resource] : poverty, race, and spirit-filled dying in the inner city / David Wendell Moller
- Moller, David Wendell
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Rev. & expanded ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 206 pages) : illustrations, portraits
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Crossing the Tracks -- 2.Dying Poor: An Invisible World of Chaos and Complexity -- 3.Dying in the Public Hospital System: Institutional Arrangements and Provider Perspectives -- 4.Courage Through Suffering: Narrative Snapshots of the Dying Poor -- 5.Triumph and Faith Through Harsh Reality and Personal Tragedy: Lucille Angel -- 6.Life on the Brink: Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler -- 7.A Conclusion: Conscious Listening, Mindful Presence---A Lesson Learned.
- This title gives voice and face to a vulnerable and disempowered population whose stories often remain untold: the urban dying poor. Drawing on complex issues surrounding poverty, class, and race, Moller illuminates the unique sufferings that often remain unknown and hidden within a culture of broad invisibility.
- 9780190267995 (ebook)
- Previous ed.: 2004.
View MARC record | catkey: 28935610