Revelation [electronic resource] : from metaphor to analogy / Richard Swinburne
- Swinburne, Richard
- Oxford : Clarendon, 2007.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 373 pages)
- Machine generated contents note: I.Meaning -- 1.Terminology -- 2.Presupposition -- 3.Analogy and metaphor -- 4.Genre -- II.Evidence of a revelation -- 5.The need for revelation -- 6.The four tests for a revelation -- III.The Christian revelation -- 7.The original revelation -- 8.The church -- 9.Theological definitions -- 10.The Bible -- 11.Moral teaching -- 12.Conclusion.
- Christianity and other religions claim that their books and creeds contain truths revealed by God. How can we know whether they do? 'Revelation' investigates the claim of the Christian religion to have such revealed truths; and so considers which parts of the Bible are to be regarded as literal history, and which metaphorical truth.
- 9780191707193 (ebook) and 0191707198 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28936217