Character and moral psychology / Christian B. Miller
- Miller, Christian B.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I THE MIXED TRAIT FRAMEWORK -- 1.The Conceptual Background -- 2.The Framework of Mixed Traits -- 3.Illustrating the Framework: Cheating -- pt. II ENGAGING OTHER FRAMEWORKS -- 4.Situationism -- 5.The CAPS Model -- 6.The Big Five -- pt. III APPLYING THE FRAMEWORK -- 7.Errors about Character? Some Implications for Meta-Ethics -- 8.Trouble for Virtue Ethics? Some Implications for Normative Ethics -- pt. IV THE NEXT STEP -- 9.Looking Forward.
- Christian Miller explores ethical implications of his new theory of character, which holds that our characters are made up of mixed traits with some morally positive and some morally negative aspects. He examines whether judgements of character are systematically erroneous, and assesses the challenge to virtue ethics from scepticism about virtue.
- 9780191760754 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28936693