Rationality and the good [electronic resource] : critical essays on the ethics and epistemology of Robert Audi / edited by Mark Timmons, John Greco, and Alfred Mele
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on the Philosophy of Robert Audi (2005 : University of Notre Dame)
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 269 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Timmons, Mark, 1951-
Mele, Alfred R., 1951-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Rationality and the good / Robert Audi -- 2.Reflections on reflection in Robert Audi's moral intuitionism / Walter Sinnott-Armstrong -- 3.Intuitionism and disagreement / Roger Crisp -- 4.Metaethical reflections on Robert Audi's moral intuitionism / Hugh J. McCann -- 5.Two conceptions of morality / Bernard Gert -- 6.Audi's marriage of Ross and Kant / Thomas Hurka -- 7.Accounting for duties / Candace Vogler -- 8.Are perceptual beliefs properly foundational? / Laurence BonJour -- 9.Audi on testimony / Elizabeth Fricker -- 10.On being justified in one's head / Timothy Williamson -- 11.Audi on nondoxastic faith / William P. Alston -- 12.Trying with the hope / Frederick Adams -- 13.Self-deception and three psychiatric delusions / Alfred R. Mele -- 14.Motivating reasons for action / Raimo Tuomela -- 15.Intuition, reflection, and justification / Robert Audi -- 16.Justifying grounds, justified beliefs, and rational acceptance / Robert Audi.
- This title presents newly written critical essays on Robert Audi, produced by leading philosophers in ethics, epistemology and philosophy of action. Together they advance major issues in ethics, epistemology, philosophy of the mind and philosophy of action.
- 9780199871070 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28937399