Structures of agency [electronic resource] : essays / Michael E. Bratman
- Bratman, Michael
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (321 pages)
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Reflection, planning, and temporally extended agency -- 3.Valuing and the will -- 4.Hierarchy, circularity, and double reduction -- 5.Two problems about human agency -- 6.Nozick on free will -- App.Nozick, free will, and the problem of agential authority -- 7.A desire of one's own -- 8.Autonomy and hierarchy -- 9.Three forms of agential commitment : reply to Cullity and Gerrans -- 10.Planning agency, autonomous agency -- 11.Three theories of self-governance -- 12.Temptation revisited.
- This is a collection of published and unpublished essays by distinguished philosopher Michael E. Bratman of Stanford University. They revolve around his influential theory, known as the 'planning theory of intention and agency'.
- 9780199893058 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28937427