New state spaces [electronic resource] : urban governance and the rescaling of statehood / Neil Brenner
- Brenner, Neil
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 351 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction : cities, states, and the 'explosion of spaces' -- 2.The globalization debates : opening up to new spaces? -- 3.The state spatial process under capitalism : a framework for analysis -- 4.Urban governance and the nationalization of state space : political geographies of spatial Keynesianism -- 5.Interlocality competition as a state project : urban locational policy and the rescaling of state space.
- Simultaneously analyzing the restructuring of urban governance and the transformation of national states under globalizing capitalism, 'New State Spaces' is a mature analysis of broad interdisciplinary interest.
- 9780191699450 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28938803