Welfare and work in the open economy. Vol. 1, From vulnerability to competitiveness [electronic resource] / edited by Fritz W. Scharpf and Vivien A. Schmidt
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 403 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Scharpf, Fritz Wilhelm and Schmidt, Vivien Ann, 1949-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Restructuring the British welfare state : between domestic constraints and global imperatives / Martin Rhodes -- 3.Internationalization and two liberal welfare states : Australia and New Zealand / Herman Schwartz -- 4.Switzerland : adjustment politics within institutional constraints / Giuliano Bonoli / Andre Mach -- 5.How small countries negotiate change - twenty-five years of policy adjustment in Austria, the Netherlands and Belgium / Anton Hemerijck / Brigitte Unger / Jelle Visser -- 6.Adjusting badly : the German welfare state, structural change, and the open economy / Philip Manow / Eric Seils -- 7.France : directing adjustment? / Jonah D. Levy -- 8.Italy : rescue from without? / Maurizio Ferrera / Elisabetta Gualmini -- 9.Sweden and Denmark : defending the welfare state / Mats Benner / Torben Bundgaard Vad -- 10.A fine balance : women's labor market participation in international comparison / Mary Daly -- 11.Any way out of exit from work? : reversing the entrenched pathways of early retirement? / Bernhard Ebbinghaus -- 12.After liberalization : public-interest services and employment in the utilities / Adrienne Heritier / Susanne K. Schmidt.
- This text presents an in-depth analysis of the experiences of twelve countries and special studies on the participation of women in the labor market, early retirement, the liberalisation of public services, and international tax competition.
- 9780191600173 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28939049