The European Union and the promotion of democracy [electronic resource] / Richard Youngs
- Youngs, Richard, 1968-
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 267 pages).
- Oxford studies in democratization
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Democracy Promotion in the 1990s: Agency, Motives, and Strategy -- 2.EU Democracy Promotion Instruments: Evolution and Shortcomings -- 3.The EU and the Mediterranean -- 4.The EU and Algeria -- 5.The EU and East Asia -- 6.The EU and China -- Conclusion: Conceptualizing the EU as a Promoter of Democracy.
- This text assesses European Union policies aimed at encouraging democratization in East Asia and the Mediterranean, addressing theoretical debates over the international dimensions of political change and EU's characteristics as an important actor.
- 9780191600357 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28939067