Beyond party members : changing approaches to partisan mobilization / Susan E. Scarrow
- Scarrow, Susan E.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Comparative politics
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: The Puzzles of Party Membership -- pt. I Party Membership: The Uneven Development -- 2.Motives and Modes of Party Membership -- 3.Myths and Realities of Mass Membership Parties -- 4.Explaining Enrollment Change: Looking Beneath the Numbers -- pt. II Party Membership: The Uncertain Future -- 5.What Do Party Members Contribute? -- 6.Multi-Speed Membership Parties -- 7.Making Party Membership Rewarding: Social and Material Benefits -- 8.Making Membership Meaningful: Political Benefits -- 9.The Consequences of Organizational Change.
- This text offers a broad overview of an important and ongoing transformation in relations between political parties and their closest supporters. It focuses on established parliamentary democracies, showing how the changing nature of party membership is affecting how political parties define themselves and the choices presented to voters.
- 9780191748332 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28939185