Complexity, fragmentation, and uncertainty : government capacity in an evolving state / Felicity Matthews
- Matthews, Felicity
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Conceptualizing Governance -- 1.Why Governance Matters -- 2.The Evolving Capacity of the State and the Challenge of Governance -- pt. II Responding to Change -- 3.Governing as (New) Labour -- 4.Public Service Agreements -- 5.Recycling -- 6.Climate Change -- pt. III The Preservation of Power? -- 7.The PSA Framework and Strategic Governance -- 8.Governance in the Twenty-First Century.
- Theories of governance have drawn attention to the way in which a growing number of actors are involved in policy-making and delivery. This text seeks to answer key questions regarding the capacity of national governments to deliver their policy objectives.
- 9780191756061 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28939419