The Agartala doctrine : a proactive northeast in Indian foreign policy / Subir Bhaumik
- Bhaumik, Subir
- New Delhi : Oxford University Press, 2016.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white), maps (black and white)
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: SECTION I -- 1.Influx Devil: The Spanner in India--Bangladesh Relations / Samir K. Purkayastha -- 2.Bangladesh and India's Northeast: A Shared Destiny / Farooq Sobhan -- SECTION II -- 3.Look East Through Northeast: The Ultimate Challenge of Development / Laldinkima Sailo -- 4.Northeast India and Its Neighbourhood: Perspectives on India's Look East Policy / Biswajit Mohapatra.
- Providing a rare glimpse into how tiny Tripura influenced Indian foreign policy towards East Pakistan and then Bangladesh for half a century, this text seeks to develop the Agartala doctrine as a guideline for Indian states in their effort to influence national foreign policy.
- 9780199086535 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28939585