Climate justice in a non-ideal world / Clare Heyward and Dominic Roser
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2016.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Additional Creators:
- Heyward, Jennifer Clare, 1975- and Roser, Dominic, 1976-
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Facing Reality: Responding to an Unjust World -- 1.Climate Change and Non-Ideal Theory: Six Ways of Responding to Non-Compliance / Simon Caney -- 2.A Climate of Disorder: What to Do About the Obstacles to Effective Climate Politics / Aaron Maltais -- 3.Difference-Making and Individuals' Climate-Related Obligations / Holly Lawford-Smith -- 4.Reducing Injustice within the Bounds of Motivation / Dominic Roser -- 5.Taking UNFCCC Norms Seriously / Darrel Moellendorf -- pt. II Less Injustice: Steps in the Right Direction -- 6.Justice and Choice of Legal Instrument under the Durban Mandate: Ideal and Not So Ideal Legal Forms / Peter Lawrence -- 7.Emissions Trading Schemes in a `Non-Ideal' World / Jonathan Aldred -- 8.A Responsible Path: Enhancing Action on Short-Lived Climate Pollutants / Gwynne Taraska -- 9.Climate Justice for LDCs through Global Decisions / Saleemul Huq -- 10.A Free Movement Passport for the Territorially Dispossessed / Jorgen Odalen -- pt. III Dealing with Controversy: The Role of Moral Claims -- 11.Aristotle on the Ethics of Communicating Climate Change / Melissa Lane -- 12.Moral Language in Climate Politics / Jonathan Pickering -- 13.The Costs of Moralizing: How About a `Government House Climate Ethics'? / Christian Seidel -- 14.Principles or Pathways? Improving the Contribution of Philosophical Ethics to Climate Policy / Ottmar Edenhofer.
- Climate change is a pressing international political issue, for which a practical but principled solution is urgently required. This title makes normative theorising on climate justice more relevant and applicable to political realities and public policy.
- 9780191804038 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- This edition previously issued in print: 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28939621