Black rights/white wrongs : the critique of racial liberalism / Charles W. Mills
- Mills, Charles W. (Charles Wade)
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Transgressing boundaries. Studies in Black politics and Black communities
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Racial Liberalism: Epistemology, Personhood, Properly -- 1.New Left Project Interview with Charles Mills -- 2.Occupy Liberalism! -- 3.Racial Liberalism -- 4.White Ignorance -- 5."Ideal Theory" as Ideology -- 6.Kant's Untermenschen -- 7.Racial Exploitation -- pt. II Racial Liberalism: Rawls and Rawlsianism -- 8.Rawls on Race/Race in Rawls -- 9.Retrieving Rawls for Racial Justice? -- 10.The Whiteness of Political Philosophy.
- Liberalism is the political philosophy of equal persons, yet liberalism has denied equality to those it saw as black sub-persons. In 'Black Rights/White Wrongs', political philosopher Charles Mills challenges mainstream accounts that ignore this history and its current legacy in the United States today.
- 9780190245450 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2017.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28939713