Handbook of strategic 360 feedback / Allan H. Church, David W. Bracken, John W. Fleenor, and Dale S. Rose
- Oxford scholarship online
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction and Overview to The Handbook of Strategic 360 Feedback / Dale S. Rose -- 2.What Is "Strategic 360 Feedback"? / David W. Bracken -- SECTION I 360 FOR DECISION-MAKING -- 3.Best Practices When Using 360 Feedback for Performance Appraisal / Michael A. Campion -- 4.Historical Challenges of Using 360 Feedback for Performance Evaluation / James W. Smither -- 5.Technological Innovations in the Use of 360 Feedback for Performance Management / Lauren M. Bidwell -- 6.Strategic 360 Feedback for Talent Management / Allan H. Church -- 7.Using Stakeholder Input to Support Strategic Talent Development at Board and Senior Executive Levels: A Practitioner's Perspective / Paul Winum -- SECTION II 360 FOR DEVELOPMENT -- 8.Application of 360 Feedback for Leadership Development / Stephane Brutus -- 9.Moving Beyond "The Great Debate": Recasting Developmental 360 Feedback in Talent Management / Samantha L. Chau -- 10.Team Development With Strategic 360 Feedback: Learning From Each Other / Eduardo Salas -- 11.From Insight to Successful Behavior Change: The Real Impact of Development-Focused 360 Feedback / Kenneth M. Nowack -- 12.Integrating Personality Assessment With 360 Feedback in Leadership Development and Coaching / Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic -- 13.Strategic 360 Feedback for Organization Development / W. Warner Burke -- SECTION III 360 METHODOLOGY AND MEASUREMENT -- 14.Factors Affecting the Validity of Strategic 360 Feedback Processes / John W. Fleenor -- 15.Can We Improve Rater Performance? / Christopher T. Rotolo -- 16.Rater Congruency: Why Ratings of the Same Person Differ / Adrian Furnham -- 17.Is 360 Feedback a Predictor or Criterion Measure? / Dale S. Rose -- SECTION IV ORGANIZATIONAL APPLICATIONS -- 18.The Journey From Development to Appraisal: 360 Feedback at General Mills / Tracy M. Maylett -- 19.Harnessing the Potential of 360 Feedback in Executive Education Programming / Jay A. Conger -- 20.An Alternative Form of Feedback: Using Stakeholder Interviews to Assess Reputation at Walmart / Lorraine Stomski -- 21.Mitigating Succession Risk in the C-Suite: A Case Study / Seymour Adler -- 22.Integrating Strategic 360 Feedback at a Financial Services Organization / William J. Shepherd -- 23.Leveraging Team 360 to Drive Business-Enhancing Change Across the Enterprise at Whirlpool Corporation / Keith Goudy -- 24.What Kind of Talent Do We Have Here? Using 360s to Establish a Baseline Assessment of Talent / Beth Linderbaum -- SECTION V CRITICAL AND EMERGING TOPICS -- 25.360 Feedback Versus Alternative Forms of Feedback: Which Feedback Methods Are Best Suited to Enable Change? / Dale S. Rose -- 26.Gender, Diversity, and 360 Feedback / Katina Sawyer -- 27.Using Analytics to Gain More Insights From 360 Feedback Data / Evan F. Sinar -- 28.The Ethical Context of 360 Feedback / Karen M. Barbera -- 29.The Legal Environment for 360 Feedback / Katey E. Foster -- 30.Using 360 Feedback to Shape a Profession: Lessons Learned Over 30 Years From the Human Resource Competency Study (HRCS) / Dave Ulrich -- 31.The Handbook of Strategic 360 Feedback: Themes, Prognostications, and Sentiments / Dale S. Rose.
- Strategic 360 Feedback is defined as (a) having content derived from the organization's strategy and values; (b) creating data that are sufficiently reliable and valid to be used for decision-making; (c) being integrated into talent management and development systems; and (d) being inclusive of all candidates for assessment. The handbook contains 31 chapters by leading practitioners in the field, organized into five major sections: 360 for decision making, 360 for development, methodology and measurement, organizational applications (case studies), and critical and emerging topics. It presents viewpoints from academics, scientists, practitioners, and consultants on best practices in the design, implementation and evaluation of many forms of multirater processes and technologies currently used to support talent management systems.
- 9780190051075 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2019.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28940131