Not in my family : German memory and responsibility after the Holocaust / Roger Frie
- Frie, Roger, 1965-
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Refuge or Exile? Searching for a New Home -- 2.Confronting the Legacy of My Grandparents -- 3.Shaped by History, Caught by Language -- 4.Whose Suffering? Narratives of Trauma -- 5.Living with the Nazi Past -- 6.Knowing and Not Knowing -- 7.Breaking the Silence.
- Roger Frie explores what it means to discover his family's legacy of a Nazi past. Using the narrative of his grandfather as a starting point, he shows how the transfer of memory from one German generation to the next keeps the forbidding reality of the Holocaust at bay.
- 9780190674786 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2017.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28940289