Active vision [electronic resource] : the psychology of looking and seeing / John M. Findlay and Iain D. Gilchrist
- Findlay, John M. (John Malcolm), 1942-
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 220 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Gilchrist, Iain D.
- Oxford psychology series
- Machine generated contents note: Ch. 1 Passive vision and active vision -- Ch. 2 Background to active vision -- Ch. 3 Visual selection, covert attention and eye movements -- Ch. 4 Visual orienting -- Ch. 5 Visual sampling during text reading -- Ch. 6 Visual search -- Ch. 7 Natural scenes and activities -- Ch. 8 Human neuropsychology -- Ch. 9 Space constancy and trans-saccadic integration.
- This title focuses on vision as an active process, rather than a passive activity and provides an integrated account of seeing and looking. The authors give a thorough description of basic details of the visual and oculomotor systems necessary to understand active vision.
- 9780191711817 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28940458