The elements of cognitive aging : meta-analyses of age-related differences in processing speed and their consequences / Paul Verhaeghen
- Verhaeghen, Paul
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Aging and Processing Speed: History, Methodology, and Outlook -- 2.Age-related Slowing in a Quasi-Random Sample of Studies -- 3.Is Age-related Slowing Real? Investigating Threats to the Validity of Brinley Slopes -- 4.The Aging Model Human Processor: Age-related Differences in the Speed of Elementary Operations -- 5.Toward a Sparse Ontology of Age Effects in Elementary Processes: The Dimensionality of the Aging Model Human Processor -- 6.Age-related Differences in the Speed of Executive Control -- 7.Lifespan Trajectories -- 8.The Role of Generational Differences -- 9.Age-related Slowing and Its Relationship to Complex Abilities -- 10.The Elements of Cognitive Aging: Conclusions.
- This text brings together everything we know about aging and processing speed, in a vast quantitative overview. The topics include slowing in elementary mental tasks and tasks of executive control, mental slowing over the lifespan, and how age-related slowing impacts processing in more complex aspects of cognition.
- 9780199369171 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28940579