Proving the unprovable [electronic resource] : the role of law, science, and speculation in adjudicating culpability and dangerousness / Christopher Slobogin
- Slobogin, Christopher, 1951-
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 193 pages).
- American Psychology-Law Society series
- The author proposes a number of ways the courts can ensure that experts provide the best possible information about ultimately unknowable past mental states and future behavior, arguing that a rigorous demonstration of scientific validity from expert witnesses may often be unfair and can diminish the process's reliability.
- 9780199893980 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28940795