C.S. Lewis and his circle : essays and memoirs from the Oxford C.S. Lewis Society / Roger White, Judith Wolfe, and Brendan Wolfe
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- White, Roger, 1957-, Wolfe, Judith (Judith E.), and Wolfe, B. N. (Brendan N.)
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Essays -- Philosophy and Theology -- 1.C. S. Lewis, Defender of the Faith / Alister McGrath -- 2.C. S. Lewis's Rewrite of Chapter III of Miracles / Elizabeth Anscombe -- 3.C. S. Lewis and the Limits of Reason / Stephen Logan -- 4.Sacramentalism in C. S. Lewis and Charles Williams / Kallistos Ware -- 5.Charles Williams and the Problem of Evil / Paul S. Fiddes -- Literature -- 6.That Hideous Strength: A Reassessment / Rowan Williams -- 7.Yearning for a Far-Off Country / Malcolm Guite -- 8.W. H. Auden and the Inklings / Michael Piret -- 9.The Lewis Diaries: C. S. Lewis and the English Faculty in the 1920s / Tom Shippey -- 10.It All Began with a Picture: The Making of C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia / Walter Hooper -- pt. II Memoirs -- Memories Of C. S. Lewis By His Family And Friends -- 11.The Lewis Family / Joan Murphy -- 12.Recollections of C. S. Lewis / George Sayer -- 13.C. S. Lewis as a Parishioner / Ronald Head -- 14.Marrying C. S. Lewis / Peter Bide -- 15.Memories of the Socratic Club / Stella Aldwinckle -- Memories Of The Inklings -- 16.The Inklings / Walter Hooper -- 17.Lewis and/or Barfield / Owen Barfield -- 18.Brothers and Friends: The Diaries of W. H. Lewis / John Wain -- 19.Nevill Coghill and C. S. Lewis: Two Irishmen at Oxford / John Wain.
- For thirty years, the Oxford C. S. Lewis Society has met weekly in the mediaeval colleges of Oxford University. During that time, it has hosted as speakers nearly all those still living who were associated with the Inklings - the Oxford literary circle led by C. S. Lewis - as well as authors and thinkers of a prominence that nears Lewis's own. 'C. S. Lewis and His Circle' offers the reader a chance to join this unique group, with the best of traditional academic essays, thoughtful memoirs, and informal reminiscences about C. S. Lewis and his circle.
- 9780190239756 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28941525