Religion and human nature [electronic resource] / Keith Ward
- Ward, Keith, 1938-
- Oxford : Clarendon, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (333 pages)
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Non-Dualism (Advaita Vedanta) -- 3.The Search for the Self (Vaishnava Hinduism) -- 4.The Doctrine of Rebirth -- 5.Buddhism and the Self -- 6.Evolutionary Naturalism -- 7.The Embodied Soul -- 8.Original Sin -- 9.The Doctrine of Atonement -- 10.Salvation by Grace -- 11.The World to Come -- 12.Human Destiny in Judaism and Islam -- 13.Human Destiny in Christianity -- 14.The Ultimate End of All Things -- 15.Conclusion.
- Continuing Keith Ward's series on comparative religion, this book deals with religious views of human nature and destiny. The beliefs of six major traditions are presented including Advaita Vedanta and the idea of one Supreme Self.
- 9780191683718 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28941828