The Christocentric cosmology of St. Maximus the Confessor [electronic resource] / Torstein Theodor Tollefsen
- Tollefsen, Torstein, 1953-
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (243 pages) : illustrations
- Oxford early Christian studies
- Maximus the Confessor (580-662) was an important Byzantine thinker, the 'father of Byzantine theology'. This text describes his metaphysical world-view. The discussion covers Maximus' doctrine of creation, the Logos and the logoi, the cosmic order the activities or energies of God, and how created beings may participate in God.
- 9780191717321 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28941948