Gregory of Nyssa's tabernacle imagery in its Jewish and Christian contexts / Ann Conway-Jones
- Conway-Jones, Ann
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Oxford early Christian studies
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Gregory, the Tabernacle, and Heavenly Ascent -- 2.Gregory of Nyssa and Life of Moses -- 3.Biblical Contexts -- 4.Alexandrian Contexts -- 5.Heavenly Ascent Contexts -- 6.Darkness -- 7.The Tabernacle Not Made with Hands -- 8.Christological Interpretation -- 9.Divine Names -- 10.Heavenly Powers -- 11.The Earthly Tabernacle -- 12.Heavenly and Earthly Worship -- 13.The Holy of Holies -- 14.The Priestly Vestments -- 15.The Value of Heuristic Comparison.
- This volume identifies Gregory's biblical sources as well as the influences of both his Alexandrian predecessors (Philo, Clement, and Origen) and his fourth-century context, before comparing the life to other heavenly-ascent texts.
- 9780191783166 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28942112